The Seeing Stars®, Visualizing and Verbalizing®, and LiPS® programs are now approved interventions for the Arizona Department of Education Move On When Reading (MOWR) program.
Arizona’s MOWR policy is designed to provide students with evidence-based, effective reading instruction in kindergarten through third grade in order to position them for success as they progress through school, college, and career.
The purpose of the legislation is to identify struggling readers and to provide them with specific, targeted interventions so that they are reading at or above grade level by the end of 3rd grade.
Key components evaluated under MOWR include:
- RTI Framework – Tiers’ 1, 2, and 3
- Targeted Students – Struggling Readers, English Language Learners, Students with learning disabilities, including dyslexia, Special Education
- Intended Grade Levels – K-3 for MOWR Program, plus Grades 4 - 12
- Delivery Format – Online, In-person, Hybrid
- Group Size – Whole group, small group, one-on-one
- Elements of Science of Reading – Explicit, systematic, multisensory/multimodal