By submitting your story, you ("Author") are consenting to the worldwide use of your name, likeness, biography, picture, video, voice, recording, and/or clinical details, as depicted in text, photograph, and any other material that you submit and that may be published by Gander Publishing (collectively, "Content").
Gander Publishing does not claim ownership of Content Author submits or makes available for inclusion on the Gander Publishing website. However, by submitting or making available Content for inclusion in the publicly accessible areas of the Gander Publishing website and all Gander Publishing marketing materials, including but not limited to catalogs, emails, banners, advertisements, and print materials, Author irrevocably grants Gander Publishing the following worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, and non-exclusive license(s) ("IP License"), as applicable:
With respect to Content, Author submits or makes available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Gander Publishing website, or for inclusion in any other advertising, marketing, or product endorsement materials, including but not limited to catalogs, emails, banners, advertisements, and print materials, the license to use, distribute, reproduce, publish, display, sub-license, transfer, edit, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display such Content on the Gander Publishing website or in any other marketing and promotional materials, including but not limited to catalogs, emails, banners, advertisements, and print materials, solely for the purposes of providing and promoting Gander Publishing or its agents to which such Content was submitted or made available.
Further, Author warrants that
- Author has obtained any and all permissions to submit or make available any Content or portion of Content, including third party material, particularly of minor children, including, without limitation, names, biographical information, likenesses, pseudonyms, pictures, videos, voices, recordings, clinical details, and/or images in connection with the Content or any portion of Content. Author will provide direct notice to parents and obtain verifiable parental consent before submitting personal information from or about minor children and will submit a Release Form to Gander Publishing along with the Content. Gander Publishing will retain personal information submitted by Author from minor children for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use.
- Author will not submit or make available to Gander Publishing any Content that infringes the rights of others, including intellectual property rights, right of publicity, and right of privacy.
- Author will not submit or make available to Gander Publishing any Content that is unlawful or threatens, harasses, defames, abuses, slanders, or otherwise violates the rights of others.
- Author will not submit or make available to Gander Publishing any Content that violates the privacy of others, including minors.
- Gander Publishing reserves the right to remove any Content or submission provided by Author if Gander Publishing believes such Content violates these terms or Gander Publishing's policies.
Author further warrants and indemnifies and holds harmless Gander Publishing against any liability for any material submitted by Author in or as part of the Content in the event that such material is related to or involves a minor or minors or violates the rights of others in any way. Gander Publishing is not responsible for the actions of third parties, and Author agrees to release Gander Publishing, its employees, directors, officers, agents, and affiliated companies from any claims arising from or related in any way to any claims Author may have against such against third parties.
Gander Publishing shall be the sole owner of all intellectual property rights in the Gander Publishing trademarks, website, content, and all materials relating to the Gander Publishing website or Gander Publishing marketing, advertising, and product endorsement materials, including without limitation, catalogs, emails, banners, advertisements, and print materials, other than the Content supplied by the Author, as defined above. Author shall retain all rights with respect to the Content that are not expressly or via the IP License granted to Gander Publishing herein, and Author may exercise, sell, license, or otherwise dispose of such rights at any time.
In addition to the IP License, Author grants to Gander Publishing the right to use Author's name, biographical information, likeness, pseudonym, and/or image(s) in connection with authorized uses as described herein of the Content, said information to be supplied by the Author.
Gander Publishing reserves the right not to include Author's Content on the Gander Publishing website or any Gander Publishing marketing, advertising, and product endorsement materials for any reason, which may include, but is not limited to, safety, privacy, legal, and/or other reasons. In submitting Author's Content to Gander Publishing, Author accepts that Author has read and understood Gander Publishing's disclaimer and terms of service.
The term of the IP License commences on the submission of any Content by Author and will continue until Gander Publishing determines, in its sole discretion, to terminate or release said IP License.