A Must-Have for Seeing Stars® instruction!
By Nanci Bell
The Seeing Stars Kit has been updated, and the Seeing Stars Manual revised and expanded!
This comprehensive kit provides the teaching materials you need to implement Seeing
Stars instruction in one-to-one, small-group, or classroom settings.
- Teach to symbol imagery for orthographic and phonological processing in reading
- Teach and improve orthographic memory for word recognition and sight words
- Develop fluent and accurate contextual reading
- Improve word attack
- Improve reading and spelling skills
The Seeing Stars Kit contains the following components:
- Seeing Stars Teacher's Manual, Second Edition — outlining the
research and theory behind the Seeing Stars program, as well as the specific instructional
steps, now revised and expanded.
- Consonant and Vowel Cards — to help students form rapid sound-letter
associations by developing symbol imagery.
- Sounds and Symbols Charts — to track student progress through
the letters and sounds.
- Syllable Boards — for finger-writing activities that develop
symbol imagery and spelling skills.
- Syllable Card Set — five boxes of cards cover single-syllable
through multisyllable real and nonsense words, to help students establish decoding
and spelling skills.
- Star Words Cards Box — for the 500 most-commonly used English
words, to develop sight-word recognition.
- Star Words Lists — for the 1000 most-commonly used English
words, to guide and track student progress in sight-word reading and spelling.
- Student Progress Charts for Syllable Cards & Star Words —
colorful charts with star stickers for students to record their progress through
the program materials.
- Prefixes and Suffixes Cards — to develop instant recognition
of common word beginnings and endings, for application to reading and spelling.
- Visual Spelling Charts — to develop both the phonological
and visual-memory aspects of accurate spelling.
- Seeing Stars Progress Monitoring Checklists — to track student
progress through the program steps.
- Colored Felt Sets — to aid in syllable counting and orthographic
All Seeing Stars Kit Components
are available for individual sale.
Seeing Stars professional development workshops are offered by Lindamood-Bell
Learning Processes. To learn more, visit lindamoodbell.com/workshop-schedule.
The Seeing Stars Kit has been endorsed by the Council of Administrators of Special