Book Length: 344 pgs.
Reading and Content Level: 3rd Grade and up
Introducing our newest resource written to develop the imagery-language connection for comprehension. Our Imagine History curriculum applies the steps of Visualizing and Verbalizing
for comprehensive coverage of American History.
Imagine History: The Discovery of America covers 35,000 BCE to 1763 CE, and includes the following Units:
Unit 1: The First Americans
Unit 2: A Whole New World
- Chapter 1: The Land Bridge and Beyond
- Chapter 2: New People, New Life
Unit 3: Dreams of Land and Gold
- Chapter 1: Landing on a New World
- Chapter 2: For Glory, Gold, and God!
- Chapter 3: The English Arrive
Unit 4: Freedom to Believe
- Chapter 1: First Settlers
- Chapter 2: Cash Crops Grow the Colonies
- Chapter 3: The Pilgrims' New Home
Unit 5: Not All Are Free
- Chapter 1: The Puritan Dawn
- Chapter 2: New Places to Pray
- Chapter 1: Slaves in the Colonies
- Chapter 2: Culture Clash
- Chapter 3: The People's Voice
- Uniquely written to help students visualize history for recall, comprehension, and critical thinking
- Integration of all steps of V/V or can be presented as a stand-alone resource
- Extensive vocabulary-building practices
- Supports content standards of most states
- Includes primary source materials
- Includes geography, infographics, and timeline pieces
The imagery-language connection presented throughout the Imagine History series provides a missing instructional piece to help students at all grade levels fill in historical information gaps.