Book is expected to arrive mid-January 2018.
Book Length: 439 pgs.
Reading and Content Level: 4th Grade and up
Introducing our newest resource written to develop the imagery-language connection for comprehension. Our Imagine History curriculum applies the steps of Visualizing and Verbalizing
for comprehensive coverage of American History.
Imagine History: Birth of America covers 1492 CE to 1851 CE, and includes the following Units:
Unit 1: Wealth of the New World
Unit 2: Rise of the Patriots
- Chapter 1: Risky Route to a New Life
- Chapter 2: The Chained Workers
Unit 3: Liberty or Death
- Chapter 1: Trouble in the Colonies
- Chapter 2: Patriots Take a Stand
- Chapter 3: The Road to War
Unit 4: A Nation Emerges
- Chapter 1: The Spark of War
- Chapter 2: A Hard War to Win
- Chapter 3: Turning the Tide of the War
- Chapter 4: The Forgotten Fighters
Unit 5: Growing a New Country
- Chapter 1: America's Rough Start
- Chapter 2: "We the People"
- Chapter 2: The Invisible Americans
Unit 6: Those Left Behind
- Chapter 1: Growing Pains
- Chapter 2: From Sea to Shining Sea
- Chapter 3: A New War
- Chapter 1: The Wandering Tribes
- Chapter 2: The Reformers
- Uniquely written to help students visualize history for recall, comprehension, and critical thinking
- Integration of all steps of V/V or can be presented as a stand-alone resource
- Extensive vocabulary-building practices
- Supports content standards of most states
- Includes primary source materials
- Includes geography, infographics, and timeline pieces
The imagery-language connection presented throughout the Imagine History series provides a missing instructional piece to help students at all grade levels fill in historical information gaps.