- Ages: 5-0 through 12-11
- Testing Time: 45 to 60 minutes
- Administration: Individual
The ITPA-3 is an effective measure of children's spoken and written language. Each subtest measures some aspect of language, including oral language, writing, reading, and spelling.
This test can help:
- Determine children's specific strengths and weaknesses among linguistic abilities
- Document children's development in language as a result of intervention programs
- Identify children with general linguistic delays in the development of spoken and written language
- Contribute to an accurate diagnosis of dyslexia
- Clarify the aspects of language that are difficult for a particular child (e.g., phonology, syntax, semantics)
- Differentiate between children with poor phonological coding (ability to read and spell phonically regular pseudowords) and those with poor orthographic coding (ability to read and spell words with an irregular element)
Provides global and specific composite scores.
Kit includes: Examiner's Manual, 25 Profile/Examiner Record Booklets, 25 Student Response Booklets, Audiotape, in a storage box.