- Ages: 5 through 89
- Testing Time: 20-30 minutes
- Administration: Individual
The Comprehensive Receptive and Expressive Vocabulary Test - Third Edition (CREVT-3) is an innovative, efficient measure of both receptive and expressive oral vocabulary. It is a norm-referenced assessment tool used to identify, describe, and quantify oral vocabulary proficiency in children and adults. Specifically, it can be used to identify discrepancies between receptive and expressive oral vocabulary, document progress in oral vocabulary in research studies. Features of the CREVT-3 include:
- Two equivalent forms are available
- All new normative data were collected from a demographically representative sample of the 2011 U.S. population ages 5-0 through 89-11 years
- A pronunciation guide for administering both subtests
- Studies show the absence of gender and ethnic bias have been expanded
- The composite score has neither floor nor ceiling effects
- Reliability coefficients have been computed by age and by gender, ethnic, racial, and exceptionality subgroups within the normative sample, as well as for the entire normative sample
- Numerous validity studies, including sensitivity, specificity, and ROC/AUC, have been provided
- Raw scores can be converted to age equivalents, standard scores, percentile ranks, and descriptive terms
- Consistently strong reliability and validity evidence provided
Kit includes Examiner's Manual, Photo Album Picture Booklet, 25 Form A Examiner Records Booklets, and 25 Form B Examiner Records Booklets.
Forms A and B are also available separately.