- Ages: 3-0 through 12-11
- Testing Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Administration: Individual
The Test for Auditory Comprehension of Language-Fourth Edition (TACL-4) is the latest revision of this popular, individually administered test. It is a reliable and valid measure of a child's receptive spoken vocabulary, grammar, and syntax. The test measures children's ability to understand three language forms: vocabulary, grammatical morphemes, and elaborated phrases and sentences.
- Vocabulary: The meanings of nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs, and of words that represent basic precepts and concepts.
- Grammatical Morphemes: The meaning of function words and inflections such as prepositions, noun numbers and cases, verb numbers and tenses, noun-verb agreement, derivational suffixes, and the meanings of pronouns, tested within the context of a simple sentence.
- Elaborated Phrases and Sentences: The meaning of syntactically-based word relations and elaborated phrase and sentence constructions, including the modalities of single and combined constructions (interrogative sentences, negative sentences, active and passive voices, direct and indirect objects), embedded sentences, and partially and conjoined sentences.
Provides percentiles, standard scores, and age equivalencies.
Kit includes: Examiner's Manual, Picture Book, and 25 Examiner Record booklets, in a storage box.